Park Run meets outside Christchurch Mansion every Saturday at 9am from now until late Spring.
- Historic Vehicle Run - 3rd May from 10am to 1pm
- EACH Colour Run - 7th June from 10am to 3pm
- Music Day - 5th July from 12 to 8pm
- Mela/Global Rhythm - 11th July from 12 to 7pm
- Ipswich Half Marathon - 20th September from 10am
- Cycle Swarm - 4th October from 8am to 5pm
- Big Fun Run - 17th October from 10am - 1pm
David Miller signing copies of the Arboretum book in Waterstones yesterday afternoon. There are copies available in Waterstones, WH Smiths, the library and the Reg Driver Centre. The book includes a wonderful trail to follow exploring the trees of this beautiful Arboretum.
The 5km Parkrun is back and they are looking for volunteer marshalls and time keepers. Let them know if you would like to help out. It really is a great experience. Have a look at their photographs of the run today.
On Friday 19th September a lady came into the Reg Driver Centre holding a shoe box with a baby Hedgehog inside. She had found it on Bolton Lane and said it was about to wonder out onto the road. After much discussion and deliberation she finally decided it was best to leave Spike, as we’d now named him, with us (he was rather cute and adorable). I promptly marched over to Bolton Lane Stores to buy some meat based dog food and hot dog sausages (what we use for our hedgehog survey tunnels, speak to me if you would like a kit for your garden).