The Friends of Christchurch Park are very pleased to present an extra special Brass on the Grass event.
Bring your picnic and have a lovely Sunday afternoon listening to two of Suffolk's finest youth wind bands. See them on the Upper Arboretum Lawn (Henley Road entrance) at 2:30 on Sunday June 28th.
South Suffolk Youth Concert Band: conductor Mark Sewell
South Suffolk Youth Wind Orchestra: conductor Mark Whiteman
Presented in association with Suffolk County Music and Suffolk Music Hub.
A painting of tawny owl Mabel, Christchurch Park’s most famous resident, has been presented to Richard Wilson, the retiring Chairman of the Friends of Christchurch Park.
John has completed 46 years working in Ipswich's town parks.. Thank you John.
Thank you Marita! There will be bacon (or egg) rolls in the Woolpack pub after the Dawn Chorus Walk on the 2nd May. These are free to members and £5 to non-members. You can join on line now or on the day for a free breakfast. Membership gives offers on books, outings and our newsletter full of information three times a year.
- 19th July Ipswich Community Wind Band
- 26th July Stowmarket Concert Band
- 2nd August Colchester Band sponsored by Coes
- 9th August Ipswich Hospital Band sponsored by Scrutton Bland
The concert series is sponsored by the Greyhound pub
Park Run meets outside Christchurch Mansion every Saturday at 9am from now until late Spring.
- Historic Vehicle Run - 3rd May from 10am to 1pm
- EACH Colour Run - 7th June from 10am to 3pm
- Music Day - 5th July from 12 to 8pm
- Mela/Global Rhythm - 11th July from 12 to 7pm
- Ipswich Half Marathon - 20th September from 10am
- Cycle Swarm - 4th October from 8am to 5pm
- Big Fun Run - 17th October from 10am - 1pm