Burton Fountain Cabman's Shelter Burton Fountain Children's Playground Children's Orchard Bowls Green The Pavilion The Ice House Reg Driver Visitors Centre & Martyrs Monument Wolsey Garden Christchurch Mansion War Memorials The Wilderness Pond Wildlife Reserve The Ark The Croquet Lawns Wet Meadow & Butterfly Garden Upper Arboretum and Arts & Crafts Shelter The Brett Fountain Tennis Courts
Burton_Fountain_small

Burton Fountain

Sir Bunnell H. Burton donated this drinking fountain in 1896.

Burton was a wholesale provision merchant based in College Street. He was also organist of St. Mary-le-Tower Church, Mayor of Ipswich in 1905, and for 38 years Chairman of the Governors at Ipswich School.

He was knighted in 1934 for political and public services in Ipswich and died in 1943.